The situation regarding the COVID-19 continues to develop daily.
It’s important as a club to try and balance the risks with members being able to use the Club and staying healthy and active.
Keith and I have spoken and due to several circumstances beyond our control including the Covid – 19 we have decided to cancel our Disability Day for 2020 and if things improve later in the year organise an alternative activity.
We will be holding an emergency Management Committee to make decisions of future activities at the club and decide on a way forward during the current situation.
Dave Bibby has advised me that Chelmarsh Sailing club have a Buddy Sailing Policy which means they can continue to use the club during this difficult time; maybe this is something we as a club could introduce to enable those who wish to continue to use the water.
I would like to suggest:
- If you or a member of your household have had any of the symptoms of COVID-19 in the previous 14 days or come from another country, then you must not come to the Club. Any such person who has been at the club at any point before developing symptoms should inform Sarah Hackshall [email protected]
- If you are in a group that has been identified as having increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19 high risk then you should not come to the Club. More information on these groups is at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults
- On every entry or exit of the club building follow government hand washing advice, please use the toilet areas to wash hands, when entering and leaving the building not the galley.
- Changing rooms remain open for use but we strongly recommend that you consider changing at home or outside the Club.
- All scheduled duties are cancelled.
- It is up to each member whether they should use the club or the water, but we urge everyone to follow the Government’s guidance on hand hygiene and social distancing.
- Sunday racing can continue but will need volunteers to run safe racing.
Thank you for your co-operation, stay safe and hopefully see you at the club some time.